The National Center for Children’s Vision and Eye Health at Prevent Blindness and the National Head Start Association present:
Small Steps for Big Vision: A Walk Through the Parent/Caregiver Resource Tool Kit
Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST
The Small Steps for Big Vision tool kit is now live at https://nationalcenter.preventblindness.org/small-steps-for-big-vision/
Join us as we walk through the free educational resources in the Small Steps for Big Vision tool kit, so you can easily find the materials you need to help parents/guardians/caregivers and staff understand the importance of vision and eye health for their children and themselves.
What Will I Learn?
At the end of this national webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify materials in the tool kit that will help the parents, guardians, and caregivers to have a better understanding of the importance of good vision for learning.
- Inform parents, guardians, and caregivers about the importance of completing a follow-up eye examination, adhering to treatment, and receiving ongoing eye care after receiving a vision screening referral.
- Conduct a vision meeting/social in your program. You will learn how to lead fun experiential activities during a meeting/social to give parents, guardians, and caregivers a sense of the way their children see their world when they have a vision disorder.
- Empower parents, guardians, and caregivers with resources to care for their own vision needs.
- Share materials with parents, guardians, and caregivers who cannot attend the meeting/social or who do not have Internet access.
Who is Presenting?
Kay Nottingham Chaplin, EdD, Kira Baldonado, and Donna Fishman, MPH, National Center for Children’s Vision and Eye Health at Prevent Blindness
Who Should Attend?
- Parents, Guardians, and Caregivers
- Early Head Start/Head Start health managers and health services staff
- Childcare health consultants
- Early intervention and special education staff and leaders
- Early care and education program staff
- Home visitors
- Nurses, including school nurses
- Anyone responsible for sharing vision screening referral results with parents, guardians, and caregivers
- Anyone interested in helping to reduce the gap between vision screening referrals, confirmatory eye examinations, and treatment plans
When is the Webinar?
Tuesday, November 10, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST
Whom Do I Contact with Questions?
Contact the National Center for Children’s Vision and Eye Health at Prevent Blindness at 800-331-2020 or email [email protected] with questions.